Monday, January 16, 2017

A Vintage 1964 Chevy Throwback & The Nintendo Switch

Buckle up folks because we're driving into the brand new blog for today! Welcome back to ZAK Entertainment where I yak about all sorts of entertainment topics. Does awesome vintage cars count as Entertainment? I don't know but I got this really awesome 1964 Chevy Impala that I came across the other day. Of course I just had to snap some photos, I've really been into cars lately.


This is an awesome find. It may look rusty and old but if you look it's actually been cleaned up and a protective layer put over the rust to keep that old rusty look without it actually rusty. He even has new white wall tires to make it look more like something out of the 60s, which it's actually pretty hard to get new white walls lately, so this has definitely been cleaned and done up. I know he probably wants it to look rusty but you have to imagine what this would of looked like back in the day. Maybe it was a pale blue or a light color in general? I also noticed the roof is a bit different compared to some photos I've seen but Dad tells me it's a Vinyl roof, which makes it kind of a mock soft top roof without it actually being a convertible.


The 1964 Chevy Impala is the last Impala of the 3rd generation of Impalas before they redesigned it in 1965 for the fourth generation. There were multiple versions of this model such as a 2-door convertible, a 2-door coupe, a 4-door sedan and a 4-door station wagon. I'm not a big car expert and I don't know a lot of the nitty gritty on this car but I do know of course that it's 4-door sedan and would of come with a 283 195hp engine on standard models.


You know it's really crazy how things related to cars have changed over the years, this car actually would of cost you around $2,700 USD, which was probably a lot back then. The new Chevy Impalas will now cost you around $27,000! Also seat belts were an option back then... An OPTION! I know this makes me sound really young but I just find it funny that seat belts were actually an option back then. The new Chevy Impalas don't really look as great as they used too sadly.

So yeah that's the 1964 Chevy Impala! It's pretty awesome and I think it's one of my Dad's favorites. It doesn't top the 57 Chevy though in his books. Really want to do more car topics, I love cars, you love cars and cars can be pretty entertaining. So stay tuned for more car topics! How can one juggle so many topics on a blog? Actually I found it's not even that hard... especially when it sometimes overlaps with other topics.

If you got any photos of awesome cars new, vintage or antique please send them to me via the comments on here, my social media accounts or email me them at masterzman@gmail.com! With your permission of course, I could feature them here on the blog!

Completely switching topics now  it's that time again, time for a new generation of Nintendo Video Game consoles! As of last Friday the Nintendo Switch was officially shown off in quite a lot of detail.


Image Provided By Amazon.com and Nintendo

With the Switch we also got a preview at some of the many games coming out for the machine. This time in a videogame transition is always the most exciting, whether it's the Nintendo 64 being teased with previews of Super Mario 64 or watching Super Mario Sunshine and the Nintendo GameCube be revealed to the world this is always the most exciting period in a new Video Game Console's life. Of course with this new Video Game console a new Mario was revealed, Super Mario Odyssey!

So we've gone from Super Mario Brothers to Super Mario World then 64, Sunshine, Galaxy, 3D Land, 3D World and now Odyssey. It's a pretty cool game and it backs up a pretty awesome looking game. They're going back to the sandbox adventure like Mario games in the same spirit as 64 and Sunshine. Those have always been some of my favorite Mario games so it's awesome to see them giving Mario his third sandbox adventure game... Does Galaxy actually count? Maybe Galaxy kind of counts as this kind of game as well I'm not sure. What I do know is Mario has some new moves in the form of throwing his hat... yeah he can throw his hat now and it may or may not be alive. He can also parkour like he's never parkoured before. I'll post the trailer here so you can all check it out.


Pretty awesome right? There's a couple of videos demonstrating the machine itself and the other games coming out for the new machine on their YouTube channel! So go check it out.

The Nintendo Switch comes with this slim nice sized docking station, the tablet itself which you can undock and play your games on the go with no limitations and two joy-con controllers that snap onto the tablet for on the go play or you can snap them onto this separate controller (Which looks like a dog face, haha.) for playing on the big TV. This may not seem like much but there's a whole load of play styles you can use just with these few items. For starters the two joy-con controllers can actually be used by two different players for multiplayer action. The Nintendo Wii's legacy also continues to live on in the fact that these JOY-Con controllers can also be used as Wii Remotes! Yes Motion Control lives on and of course there are some that don't enjoy motion control but just remember this is only one of the options for play. Of course for those seeking more traditional multi player options Nintendo will be releasing Pro Controllers as well. There was a lot more they showed off so once again check out their YouTube channel for all that cool stuff. Though before you buy I have to mention this, I don't know if it'll put you off purchasing or not but it seems Nintendo has joined the club alongside Sony and Microsoft and are going to charge for their online services... Yeah I guess that was predictable. So you're basically going to have to pay extra to play games like Splatoon 2 online.(Which for the most part is an online multiplayer game, unless they add some sort of massive single player campaign.)

You can already pre-order the Nintendo Switch, it costs $299 at Amazon and releases on March the 3rd! Actually wait it has just come to my attention that the Nintendo Switch is sold out on Amazon... and practically everywhere else. Well I'll give you guys the link anyway, just keep checking back. I have no idea when they'll restock pre-orders, haha.


Regarding Nintendo products I actually own there are still tons of topics regarding all those Machines and games I've owned in my life I can blog about so stay tuned for that. Also check out my Nintendo 64 blog from September last year, it's still one of my favorite blogs I've written.

I've actually had a bit of a Mario Kart craving lately, I've always been a big Mario Kart fan and it's always been a big favorite with the family and friends, probably my family's' top favorite group game other than the old Mario Party games. Actually I could probably write an entire article on Mario Kart, I just thought of a new blog while writing a blog, that's a first. Anyway with Mario Kart 8 Deluxe coming out on the Nintendo Switch in April (And with the Wii U version not getting the new content as DLC, which kinda irks me.) I decided to crack out my old copy of Mario Kart Wii.


I haven't played this version in maybe a year? A couple of years? Anyway yeah I played a bit of that. This game is actually just as fun as I remember that and has a lot of courses not found in Mario Kart 8 and 7 (The 3DS version.). The controls are actually a bit different coming from Mario Kart 8 too. I didn't get to play much of it though... as the Wiimote batteries died on me... because I forgot to charge them before using them. Whoops, I guess that's what happens. This was the first Mario Kart to introduce Bikes to the series and to be honest I couldn't see any future games without them, they're pretty awesome and gives Mario Kart Wii and 8 two different kinds of play styles... though you can't do a wheelie in Mario Kart 8. When my batteries are actually charged I'll be playing some more.

Well we've come to the end of the blog once again for the day. Once again there's a lot I wanted to talk about but don't want to over stuff the blog... so I'll just talk about it on Wednesday. Hope everyone's day is going well! Anyway thanks for reading! Be sure to check me out on Instagram and check out my Youtube Channel where I post all sorts of videos from Short Films, Travel, Knitting, Vlogs and more! Also check me out on FacebookTwitter, Snapchat as ZAKManK, and of course Ravelry! I post here every Monday, Wednesday and Friday with a wide range of awesome topics!

Don't forget to keep your life entertaining and I'll..

See you on the next blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment