Wednesday, August 9, 2017

Knitting Dishcloth Cast On, New Lycanroc Form, Movie Trailers and Woodpecker Visitors


A thousand years have passed and I wander the world with the wind behind my back, impervious to time, ageless. I have not held a pair of knitting needles in my hand for what feels like an eternity but now that time has come again, I must uphold the tools I thought my hands would never embrace again, for my skills are required once more.

Okay so it’s not been that long but yes I’ve got a new knitting project casted on the needles today, another dishcloth. Yes summer knitting was barebones for me and while I might come to regret that regarding long term Christmas projects I need to start I’ve been on the uptake with knitting come the month of August. Remember that dishcloth I created a while ago with the chevron pattern? I don’t know whether I messed up when knitting it or if something snagged on it but It’s sad to say a giant whole is now gaping out of it. I won’t show the photo, it’s too gruesome but this means I have to replace it with another dishcloth. As I’ve said before Dishcloths are perfect for practicing stitches and patterns so I’ve gone with another pattern.


I’ve gotten 5 rows done so far but this should be knitted up within a few days so expect a completion blog within the next week, hopefully. I like this pattern so far; it’s simple yet elegant looking and actually doesn’t seem to require you adding a border. I’ll be featuring this pattern later on in the blog so stay tuned. (Or just scroll down, I don’t know you choose.)

I did kind of a face palm after that last blog, yes the topic was written the way I wanted it to but aside from that main topic I actually forgot to put in an announcement regarding Pokemon. Yes Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon FINALLY have some news regarding the upcoming release. Remember Lycanroc? He’s the evolved form of Rockruff a popular Pokemon from Generation 7 and personal favorite of mine. Currently he has two forms, a midday form and a midnight form the latter being more of a werewolf like form while the former is more wolf like without the “were” part. As of Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon Lycanroc will have a new form, dubbed the Dusk form.


As you can see this guy is pretty… Orange. It look almost look like a transitional point between the midday and midnight forms which is perfect considering how Dusk is actually a transitional point between night and day. Apparently Ash’s Rockruff will be evolving into this form later on in the Sun and Moon anime which is awesome, they’re giving Ash the special Pokemon again with Greninja and now Rockruff. (Which they haven’t really done since the Shiny Noctowl.)

Now I’m wondering, are we going to get a Dawn form as well? Is it going to have blue hair and a miniskirt? Sinnoh confirmed?!

Anyway seems Dawn and Dusk is going to be a theme within these two new games (They could of actually called the games Dawn and Dusk now that I think about it.) which is pretty cool actually. Twilight Princess Pokemon Edition? You betcha.

Sadly that’s all the news revealed as of right now, they’re really being tight lipped about the games so I guess we’ll just have to be patient, November isn’t too far away.

Moving on I’ve been sitting back and watching some movies with the family over the weekend, two to be exact. I’ve watched Harry Potter and The Sorcerer's’ Stone for like the millionth time, it’s pretty much a main stay in our library. Not sure if the muggles would understand but this movie is quite magical and may or may not be the feature in an upcoming blog. Another movie I’ve watched is Julie & Julia which is a movie about Julie Powell a real life Blogger and Novelist as she starts up a blog about cooking, following a cookbook by Julia Child. The movie has flashbacks to Julia Child (Played by Meryl Streep.) and seems to flip flop between the two. A movie about blogging? Yeah I don’t think I can pass up the opportunity to write a feature on that. Definitely keep an eye out for blogs on that, though I won’t give exact dates, because that’s part of the fun, you never know what I’m going to talk about next.

Really I think I should do more blog like blogs such as this, what do you guys think? For the most part my blogs have been editorials and features for the past few months so perhaps I should get back into actually blogging, perhaps Wednesday can serve as the bridge between Monday and Friday’s blogs which normally end up news and features. Either way I feel as if I lost some of the personal blog touch of ZAK Entertainment so I’m going to incorporate more of that in the future. I’m still kinda new to this but maybe I’m just over analyzing everything.

A couple of new movie trailers have dropped which seem interesting as well as a teaser for a certain man who can shrink himself and his wasp of a partner. Yes Ant-Man and Wasp as of this teaser trailer here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ew7hvsnSbAY is now in production! Nothing much is shown other than the director’s chair and two tiny chairs for the main stars themselves, which I thought was hilarious. I actually have not seen the first Ant-Man movie but I’m eager to check it out when I can. I mean it has Michael Douglas in it so why not?

Another movie trailer, an actual movie trailer has dropped for a movie that might jerk a few tears and bring back some childhood nostalgia. Everyone knows Winnie the Pooh right? The lovable, stuffed bear and his friends in the 100 Acre Woods were a huge part of my childhood but not everyone knows the magic behind those stories. It didn’t start off as cartoons but more so stories written by A.A. Milne, inspired by his son’s imagination and particular stuffed animals. His son was C.R. Milne who you might know as Christopher Robin. This movie titled “Goodbye Christopher Robin” tells the real story of C.R. Milne and his parents growing up after the devastating World War 1 as his Son expresses his imagination, inspiring his father to begin writing stories about the stuffed animals his son cherished. This looks like a wonderful movie experience so check out the trailer below.


I have one complaint about this movie and I will probably get ragged for this one, I’m not so sure about Margot Robbie in this movie. She might look the part, but her voice is so, odd. I know she’s Australian but trying to tune it to sound more British just sounds weird coming out of her. This is a shame because this otherwise looks like a great movie. This movie will release September 29th in the UK and October the 13th in America.

Like Bruce Willis and action movies? Well Death Wish might satisfy you. Death Wish was an awesome 1974 American Vigilante Action film series based on the novel of the same name by Brian Garfield. It starred Charles Bronson as Paul Kersey, a man whose Wife is murdered and his daughter sexually assaulted during a home invasion. Due to this he takes up arms to become a vigilante to take out the scum the cops won’t touch, which ends up getting the cops on his bad side as well.

Apparently in this remake Paul Kersey (Played by Bruce Willis) is now a Chicago doctor instead of an architect but the storyline seems to be the same, just updated with a modern flare and taking place in Chicago. Death Wish is a good movie and this remake directed by Eli Roth seems to capture the same action thrilling spirit so be sure to check out the trailer below!


Apparently this movie was going to be made in 2006 directed by Sylvester Stallone and starring Sylvester that would have been… interesting; I think I prefer Bruce Willis. Though has anyone noticed AC/DC is a constant in Bruce Willis movie trailers?

Finally before I move on from the movie topic apparently some big news has come regarding Disney's relationship with Netflix. Well former relationship I should say. Yes as of yesterday Disney has announced that they will no longer put new movies on the Netflix streaming service which they began doing last year via a deal with Netflix and by the end of 2018 no Disney movie will exist on Netflix. Seems Netflix always gets the short end of the stick with these animation companies, they lost the deal with Nickelodeon, Cartoon Network and now Disney. Apparently Disney will be striking out on their own with the new Disney Streaming services launching in 2019. Is anyone else getting sick and tired of these multiple streaming services or is it just me? Nobody in there right mind is going to pay for CBS, Hulu, Netflix, MGM, Disney, Amazon or whoever else decides to launch a streaming service all on one budget. People are going to go back to cable if this keeps up, which is probably the plan for these companies. So Netflix is going to have to look for somebody else to strike a deal with to fill the void Disney is going to leave, oh well, moving on.

You know we get a lot of birds in our backyard which is great for Annie and her photography career but before I get into that she has a new blog out by the way featuring photos from our recent Cross Lake trip! Check it out here: http://ladyannavintage.blogspot.com/2017/08/the-lakeside-travel.html

Back to the birds we had two visitors in our yard that I haven't seen in a while, our Red-Bellied Woodpeckers. There was a couple outside and Mum with her new camera shot a pretty good short video of the two. She's allowed me to edit it a little and post it on the ZAK Entertainment Youtube channel so check it out below!



Yeah we get quite a wide variety of birds in our backyard which make for great video and photo ops, it also means we have to have our cameras strapped to our sides at all times.


This I guess you can say is actually a follow up to my camera comparison blog I did last week, remember? You can read that here: . I wasn't able to get a video to show so this is a perfect time to compare it with another video I did with my Nikon Coolpix S3300 Camera which you can watch here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nG9gy_dV_G0

I think I’m going to wrap up the blog for today but before that it’s time for the FREE Knitting Pattern feature! Today’s pattern is one I’m currently using myself for the dishcloth I mentioned earlier in this blog. This is the “French Country Dishcloth” by Willow Yarns.


This is a simple yet elegant dishcloth pattern and while I won’t be able to add the multiple colors mine should come out looking like this, hopefully. Crazy thing is this doesn’t actually need a border to keep its shape either. It’s elegant, it’s simple, and it’s a perfect dishcloth for quick knits. Did I mention it looks nice? Anyway you can check out this pattern right here: https://www.willowyarns.com/text/pattern_downloads/W00178.pdf.

Until next time, I’m going to go bake some chocolate chip cookies. Also I’ve been doing a little bit of pencil work that involves character sketches but none of you guys get to see that, seriously this is one of those things nobody gets to see until possibly the release of the first book. I’ll make up some pencil sketches you guys can see later.

This was ZAK Entertainment

See you on Friday!

[Photo Credits: ZAK Entertainment, The Pokemon Company, Didomum, Willow Yarns.]

No comments:

Post a Comment