Monday, October 9, 2017

The Ultra Recon Squad, Justice League and Pokemon TCG Burning Shadows

Hey everyone! Welcome back to ZAK Entertainment and oh boy is it going to be a long one today. Over the past week a plethora of news have been released as well as a new segment I’m bringing to the blog so let’s get rolling right into it.

First off we got Pokemon! Yes after months of no news GameFreak is rolling out details regarding Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon and oh boy this game is definitely not some third version. While this isn’t a sequel rather an alternative story I never realized HOW different it would be until now, it might as well be a sequel in the form of different events happening in an alternative multiverse. (It’s confirmed thanks to Zinnia and the postgame of Sun and Moon)

These trailers were released in the past week, an incredibly cinematic Japanese trailer, another Japanese trailer and a new English trailer which gave us much more detail on the games then the former.

First up is the cinematic Japanese trailer which starts with the appearance of Necrozma and some scenes from the games. (You can watch it here if it's not loading on this blog: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VqY9IgZM0zc) Looks like this game will be even more cinematic with more awesome cutscenes. Are we sure this is a 3DS game still? Looks like GameFreak really is pushing the 3DS to its limit which means you probably are going to want to upgrade to a New 3DS XL at this point in order for this game to run without frame drops.


GUZMA IS CONFIRMED! Our boy Guzma is making an appearance in the games which can only mean Team Skull isn’t far behind. Gladion and the Aether Foundation are also making appearances in this trailer so this game won’t be leaving any characters behind and adding a load of new characters such as those mysteries new space suit looking guys which we’ll get into in a minute. This trailer is absolutely incredible I was almost shocked at all cinematic it was. These games are going to be absolutely incredible, much more then I imagined and this trailer was only the beginning… Now we’re going to get into the nitty gritty.

This next trailer (Which you can watch by clicking here if the video isn’t loading on the page: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bucxOT8zudk) gives us a load of more details that really set these games far apart from their predecessors. There’s a Japanese counterpart which I’ll get into in a minute but here we go!


Alright you’ve got to be kidding me, you can’t be serious… Yes it’s true; we’ll ACTUALLY be traveling through the Ultra Wormhole to different worlds. When Sun and Moon revealed the Ultra Wormhole to me I always thought the Ultra Beasts must have their own unique habitats other than that dark dismal place you visit near the end of the Sun and Moon story campaign. Is this going to be our 2nd region of the game? I’m not sure how extensive each world will be but man I can’t wait to explore these new worlds. Wonder if this means we’ll have multiple Ultra Beasts of each species to catch? So basically instead of the Ultra Beasts invading Alola we’ll technically be invading their home… Huh. Buzzwole’s world looks to be one of my favorites; it reminds me of that race track in Mario Kart Super Circuit Sky Garden… For some reason.

Another world revealed is a dark industrial like world which seems to be one of Necrozma’s victims in his hunger for consuming light. This world is home to some new characters of the game that have been teased for a while now, the Ultra Recon Squad.


Immediately I thought these were the new villains of the team but I’m really not sure who these guys are. Obviously they’re wearing some kind of space suit that seemingly protects them from the effects of Ultra Space but is there skin really that bleach white color or is that some sort of mouth guard from the suit? Maybe they’re blue white from the effects of Ultra Space. Regardless it seems we got four of these guys to deal with in the games.


They seem to have some connection to the Aether Foundation as some of the cutscenes showcase them in the Aether Paradise. Not much information is known about these weirdos so far other then the fact they come from this Ultra Megalopolis and that they actually have Ultra Beasts in their Pokemon Party which is going to be insane. Also Dulse seems to be obsessed with his mustache. These mysterious humans will play a vital role in the games so we just have to wait and see what role they truly play in these games. Maybe Ultra Megalopolis is a alternative version of Earth that had it’s light stolen… But that’s just a theory… a ZAK Theory, Thanks for Watching! (Please don’t sue me MatPat)



Speaking of Ultra Beasts they revealed yet again another new one in the form of UB Adhesive! This adorable little fella is no pushover however and has a sharp poison type with some nasty moves up his sleeves. We see him coming out of a Beast Ball from one of the Ultra Recon Squad Members so we can expect them to have some more Ultra Beasts up their sleeves.

The rest of the trailer shows off more about UB Burst and UB Assembly (Who reminds me of MissingNO… Yeah remember that glitch Pokemon? I could write a whole blog on that) so nothing much new was revealed there as we already saw them in previous trailers.

The Japanese version of the trailer shows off a few more new Ultra Beast domains if you want to check it out here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1p8nBXLQMPs Apparently the new UB is named UB Sticky in Japan.

You know what? I don’t even think they need to reveal any more information I can say without a doubt these aren’t just expanded versions of Sun and Moon, actually they seem drastically different from Sun and Moon. I have a feeling this is only the icing on the cake with these games and a lot more secrets are waiting for us when these games release November 17th later on this year! Will Nebby actually stay in the bag this time around? I doubt it.

Okay so I still got one more Pokemon thing to talk about but that’ll come later for now I got some new movie trailers to discuss! Yeah this is going to be a long blog but I would expect all these blogs to be long for now on considering I’m only doing one a week now.

November is going to be one huge month for entertainment from Super Mario Odyssey releasing at the end of October with Pokemon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon releasing late November and now we got a massive super hero movie releasing that month as well, Justice League! Okay so I have not seen Batman VS Superman yet or Man of Steel so I’ve been a bit spoiled on the events of those movies, spoilers are ahead for those movies so is warned.

DC has been setting up this movie for a while now and although it seems they’re not going to continue this universe of movies unlike Marvel this Justice League movie looks to be an incredible Super Hero team up movie.


With Superman “dead” Bruce Wayne aka Batman has to bring together a group of super heroes from different origins to fight the deadly forces of Apokolypse. Most of the trailer seems to focus on what I assume is the big fight scene of the movie (WHY WOULD YOU SPOIL THIS IN THE TRAILER?) with the whole team together and breaking through defenses. I really like that smirk that Gal Gadot puts on as Wonder Woman for some reason.

I just realized the music used in the majority of this movie is actually a cover of a David Bowie song called “Heroes” which is pretty awesome I didn’t expect that. The cover appears to be sung by Gang of Youths.

Anyway this awesome movie comes out November but there’s not a release date yet for some reason.

Next up I got a new movie trailer for a new Agatha Christie movie. Agatha Christie is well known for her classic murder mystery and crime tales such as her Miss Marple and Hercule Poirot stories as well as her stories that are more of separate stand alone books such as “And Then There Were None” (Which went through a load of name changes for racial reasons). Basically Agatha Christie wrote a LOT. One of her later stories known as Crooked House is now being adapted for the big screen! This is pretty cool it’s one of the five books of hers that have not received movie adaptations. Most Agatha Christie adaptations are of Miss Marple and Poirot tales with some being remade more then others so it’s nice to finally see a new adaption instead of another remake. (Though Murder on the Orient Express is being remade this year) There’s a brand new trailer that just dropped so let’s take a looksee! (Here's the link incase you can't watch it on the blog: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ERj3KafjfRk)


I’ve never read this novel but apparently it’s one of Agatha Christie’s most twisted tales. The story revolves around the Leonides family, three generations of it to be more precise. They all live together under the wealthy patriacrch Aristide but soon a murder will set events in motion that could tear the entire family apart. Luckily one of the Granddaughters by the name of Sophia has an inspector as a fiancĂ©, Charles Hayward. Who’s the perpetrator? Is this an inside job?

This looks to be one awesome and dramatic tale so as someone who’s never read or even heard of this story until now it’s going to be quite the ride when the movie releases but I’ve yet to find a release date despite it seemingly saying 2017 on IMDB. The UK release is apparently coming out next year so I’ll keep you guys posted. Oh yeah this movie will be directed by Gilles Paquet-Brenner and will star Mark Irons as Charles Hayward, Glenn Close as Lady Edith De Haviland, Gillian Anderson as Magda West, Christina Hendricks as Brenda Leonides and Gino Picciano as Aristides.

So apparently Blade Runner 2049 released in theatres and I didn’t actually know about it. I wasn’t a big fan of the original Blade Runner but I know a lot of you are. This new Blade Runner takes place seemingly 30 years after the original movie with the original Blade Runner Rick Deckard (Played by Harrison Ford in both the original and this new movie) seemingly missing. So a new Blade Runner by the name of “K” (Yeah nice name) played by Ryan Gosling is now unearthing a secret that leads him to track down the legendary former Blade Runner. You can check out the release trailer for it below. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gCcx85zbxz4)


Wait what’s with the Atari Logo? Does Atari seemingly make a comeback between now and 2049? I mean I do know of a certain new console in the works by them so maybe that’s what this is all about. Anyway I’m not sure what to expect as I didn’t like the original movie but apparently as of now it’s underperforming at the box office despite being top of the box office. It’s only made $31.5 million in North America on its opening weekend despite the original $50 million projections.

To be honest the original movie was a slow starter so this might be following suit. Anyway if you’re a favorite of the original movie go give this movie a watch!

OH YES! As of today, well later on today you’ll be able to see a brand new Star Wars Episode 8: The Last Jedi trailer. Sadly I can’t post it on today’s blog because it’s not premiered as of writing this but later on today you’ll be able to watch it during Monday Night Football on ESPN tonight. The kickoff is at 8:15 EDT and they are possibly airing this during halftime similar to The Force Awakens trailer which premiered during Monday Night Football’s halftime in 2015 which I believe was the New York Giants VS the Philadelphia Eagles.

So if you’re not a football fan it’s time to become one at least for one night for the Minnesota Vikings VS Chicago Bears match tonight at 8:15 EDT/7:15 CST! I’ll definitely say the trailer will drop during the Half Time show but I may be wrong.

So that’s pretty much it for movie news! There’s a lot of awesome movies coming out so expect more news next week, possibly.

Before I leave I got a brand new segment for you guys and it still involves Pokemon. A Pokemon TCG Booster Pack Unpacking Showcase! I’m going to start making this an every two weeks event, whether or not this blog goes back to twice a week or not. I know for the last two unpacking I’ve done videos but I couldn’t get around to recording a Video for this pack. So every two weeks I’ll be unpacking a Pokemon TCG Booster Pack for you guys, sounds fun right? Well today I have a Pokemon TCG Sun and Moon Burning Shadows Booster Pack!


It’s got HO-OH printed on its packaging, which is pretty cool right? It’s also related to the main topic of today’s blog which is convenient. This is the 3rd series of Sun and Moon TCGs which means I’ve somehow skipped Guardians Rising, whoops, I’ll be sure to get a Guardians Rising TCG pack next time.

This pack didn’t have insane pulls unlike the Sun and Moon unpacked I did a few months ago but these cards are pretty awesome regardless.


First up is a Lvl 90 Simipour card which is pretty cool I’ve not gotten a Simipour before to my knowledge so this uncommon card is a cool new addition. This is 37/147 of the Burning Shadows pack.


Next up is this sweet Electabuzz card. This is actually my second Electabuzz card I’ve ever gotten, the other one was also a recent pull from my XY Evolutions unpacking. This is a uncommon card and it’s 42/147 of the series and to be honest I really like the artwork on this card, Electabuzz has a cool pose.


This next card is an energy card, which I don’t get much off so it would really suck if I played the actual TCG game, haha. This is 167/147 of the pack series, which means there are definitely more than 147 in this pack.


Next up is Oddish and look at this guy; he’s just sitting back and relaxing, enjoying the sun. This is 4/147 of the pack and while it’s common this is the cutest Oddish card I’ve gotten yet.


Thought that card was cute? Check out this Stufful Card! I got a Stufful on Sun and Moon’s pack unboxing but it’s nothing compared to this adorable card. This is 110/147 of the pack series.


Vileplume! Love this guy. I’ve gotten a few cards of him before but this one is slightly holographic which is pretty awesome. This is 6/147 of the pack series.


This next card is a snazzy holo Whirlipede card. Love holographic cards so it’s always nice to get one. This is an uncommon card and it’s 57/147 of the pack series.


Next up I got a Lana card! She’s the Captain of the Water trial in Sun and Moon and this is an uncommon card with Ken Sugimori’s official artwork. This is 117/147 of the set.


Next up is a spooky Duskull just in time for spooky month. I for some reason thought this was a repeat card but it can’t be because I’ve never gotten this series before. This is 51/147 of the series but apparently the Dusknoir in this series is actually rare so hopefully I can get one in future pulls.


This Tympole card is up next and oh my god it’s one of these cards. This is a Crochet Tynamo card and I’ve gotten a few of these crochet Pokemon cards so far the last one being a Goomy. This is an awesome card and is 44/147 of the series.


Finally the last card I got is a Mudbray card! I’m glad to finally get some actual new Alolan Pokemon and this little guy looks pretty happy. This is 77 of 147 of the series.

That brings this pull to a close. They weren’t super rare cards but while I do love rare cards as long as it’s a new card I’m quite happy with just about anything. I actually have a goal of getting at least one card of every Pokemon, which will probably never happen but it’s worth working towards. I’m finally able to start buying this more often so expect a card pull every two weeks or so, no guarantees though it depends on what I have planned for the blog. Actually Pokemon TCG Shining Legends just released so I may be grabbing a pack of those next, I hear it’s going to be chock full of legendary cards as well as SHINY legendary cards. I’ve never gotten a shiny Pokemon card before so it’s worth picking up a few packs of these.

I’m actually planning on bringing back segments to the blog. As this is going to be a weekly blog I think adding sub headlines will be a good way to separate different topics in the blogs, because with only doing one blog a week there’s a LOT to fit in each blog as you saw today. Like the new format? Leave a comment below! I appreciate all feedback.

For now however…

This was ZAK Entertainment

See you next week!

Don't forget The Flash returns tomorrow Tuesday October 10th at 7:00 Central/ 8:00 Eastern!

No comments:

Post a Comment