Monday, December 4, 2017

DC Crisis on Marvel's Infinity War (I Also Finally Cast On a Sock)

We’re officially in December! Jingle Bells are ringing all around, it’s the Holiday Season! Whether you celebrate Hanukkah, Kwanzaa, National Brownie Day, National Oatmeal Muffin Day (Yeah this is real apparently) or Christmas it’s the season for giving and the season for some really nostalgic Christmas specials on TV. It’s also the season for the annual CW Superhero Crossover and you better believe that this year’s will blow the doors off every previous year’s crossover, hands down.


Dubbed “Crisis on Earth-X” this 4 episode miniseries pits the Arrowverse against a world full of Nazis. Yeah apparently on Earth-X the Nazis won World War II and took over the world with a familiar face at the helm. This world has its own lot of Metahumans and Vigilantes but these guys are not the friendly faces we see saving the world on Earth-1.


The crossover kicks off with the prelude to Iris and Barry’s wedding, about time right? With The Thinker gone quiet for now the speedster couple send off invitations to their various metahuman and arrow shooting friends, although a couple of people seem to be missing from the invitation such as Diggle, what gives with that? Anyway the invitation even reaches Supergirl and Alex who seem to be having relationship problems (I haven’t been watching Supergirl) and want to use this trip as an excuse to get away from their own problems, at least for a little while. I loved the fact that the metahumans were actually in a fight while trying to RSVP thought that was funny.

I don’t know why I expected the Wedding to actually happen though; this is The Flash we’re on about. Yeah the marriage almost happened until a bunch of Nazis burst through the doors with an evil Kryptonian known as “Overgirl” at the helm.
With the Wedding ruined the entire Arrowverse is now pitted against these new villains, and one familiar villain. Yeah if you’ve seen the Episodes then you’ll know that these villains are evil versions of the Earth 1 heroes with Oliver Queen as the Fuhrer. So with this you would expect an evil Flash right? Well we got an Evil Flash, just not Evil Barry.


My jaw dropped at the big reveal of this world’s Flash when under that mask was the familiar face of Harrison Wells, or as he’s known by his real name, Eobard Thawne. Thawne is back! Not just any Thawne this actually is the same Eobard Thawne from Season 1 of The Flash and Season 2 of Legends of Tomorrow believe it or not. How many times has this man escaped death? It’s incredible to see Tom Cavanaugh playing this role again, a role in what was probably my favorite in Season 1 of The Flash, making that particular season amazing. I have to say it was hard to understand why Eobard was even a part of this plot, maybe he just wanted to screw with Barry again but whatever the case is this crossover proves that Thawne is back and that we may be seeing him again very soon. Reverse Flash VS The Thinker? Wonder who would outsmart the other.

This is the largest gathering of Superheroes on the TV screen yet (Not counting the animations) and by far it’s probably one of my favorite storylines to come out of the Arrowverse. This 4 episode series is suspenseful, drama filled and actually really heart wrenching when it comes to the sad departure of one of Arrowverse’s longest running characters. You really get anxious to see the next Episode in this series as it really drags you in with cliffhangers around every corner, luckily these episodes were only split up between two days so the wait wasn’t so excruciating. I am a little disappointed in the lack of most of the Legends throughout the crossover and some of Team Arrow. Actually a certain stretchy guy was missing too, which sucks as this would have been a great way to break Elongated Man into the Superhero fold and would have led to some hilarity as he interacted with the Legends, Team Arrow and Supergirl. Not even Martian Manhunter made an appearance this time around. (Is he even in Supergirl anymore?) The writers could of went all out and brought in every Superhero from the Arrowverse but I guess for the sake of not over swamping the show they kept a few out, maybe next year we’ll actually get all of the heroes together for the largest gathering to date.
Anyway without spoiling much else this miniseries is a must watch for DC Comic fans and you can check it out on Hulu and the CW TV app right now! Just go to the App Store either Google Play, Microsoft Store or iTunes on your smart device and search for The CW. Will Barry and Iris finally get married?
Speaking of Smart Devices we actually got ourselves a Samsung Ultra HD 4k Television a week ago and to my surprise this TV really does have some incredible quality, although the App Store is severely lacking. (No CW App on there, sorry guys) This TV makes our Video Games such as the Wii U look absolutely incredible with this TV’s quality enhancer feature. We have had to turn off a few features here and there, such as the auto motion which caused jittering on our older movies and one weird frame refresh rate. There’s also this automatic room light sensor which didn’t work in our Living Room and instead made the screen go way too dark.
The odd features besides the point this TV is pretty great and has some powerful sound compared to our last set. I can’t wait to get a Nintendo Switch and see how incredible that console looks on this TV, which I’m hoping is sooner rather than later but hey I just paid out for a new computer give me a bit on the Switch.
So what do you guys love more than DC? Marvel? Then I got some incredible news for you and myself! The wait is over, the hype has been fulfilled, the Avengers: Infinity War trailer is here! Oh yes we’re finally getting this trailer after months of leaks, illegal recordings from Comic Con and weird theories and you can check it out below!

The trailer starts off with a classic quote from Nick Fury aka Samuel L Jackson with a couple of short clips of the various heroes in their split off locations and a… Humanized Vision? Not sure what that’s all about but we also get to see that Spider-Man ACTUALLY has Spidey Senses! At least I’m assuming that’s why his hair is standing on its end. The narration is soon taken over by Thanos who’s conquest for the infinity stones pits him against the Avengers who have to put their differences to the side to come together one last time against the greatest threat they have ever faced. This movie is going to be jam packed with every single Hero to grace the Marvel Cinematic Universe and I am beyond hyped for this movie, and a little concerned about the future of the Marvel Universe, obviously this movie and Avengers 4 aren’t “The End” per se as we have confirmation of movies that are planned to release after Avengers 4 but how many iconic heroes are we going to see meet their end in this movie? Chris Evans, aka Captain America for one has hinted at his departure from the movie series and I have a feeling Robert Downey Jr isn’t sticking around either. Will there be a reboot of sorts with those parts being replaced or will we see new heroes take up the mantles of all our favorite heroes? Bucky could always take over the role as Captain America like he did in the comics.
Anyway this movie is coming out May the 4th of next year so get ready for part 1 of an incredible finale of the Infinity Stones saga!
Before I wrap up for today I actually forgot to mention one particular day that is happening. If you’re reading this on Monday it’s actually National Sock Day believe it or not. I haven’t done much knitting over the past few months to much of your disappointment and while I could apologize all day long I’m going to make up for it today with the casting on of a new project, one that I actually need to finish due to lack of this particular item, a pair of socks!
This will be my third pair of socks I’ve knitted since picking up knitting back in September of last year. The yarn is the normal 90% Wool 10% Nylon but I’m not actually sure of the colorway or brand right now so I’ll have to get back to you on that later.

I’ve got a couple of rows knitted already so hopefully this won’t take me months on end to finish, I mean my first pair of socks didn’t take me that long. (My second pair did.) I’m using my trusty 2.75 MM CiaoGao needles (Which I reviewed in this blog here: ) which should mean this socks won’t be as gigantic as my first pair of socks, but no guarantees. Admittedly I got frustrated with this sock at first, maybe it’s because I’m rusty or maybe it’s just because I hate casting on socks. Don’t get me wrong I love knitting socks but I really hate casting them on and getting things joined. The whole process is annoying but it’s way beyond worth it once you get to the third row, beyond that point Socks are really fun to knit.
That’s about it for now however, I still have a dishcloth to finish and I’m actually doing a duo blanket knitting project with my Mum so you’ll be seeing some more knitting from me in the near future.
For now however I’m leaving you guys for the day, I managed to keep this blog under 2,000 words for once which is incredible but mostly due to the point I haven’t really had much time to write anything these past few weeks. Yeah I’m swamped again but it’s really my own fault for not organizing my time better. Anyway have a Happy Holidays everyone!
This was ZAK Entertainment
See you next week!
“There was an idea…”

No comments:

Post a Comment