Wednesday, December 7, 2016

It's Looking A Lot Like Christmas; Plus Pokemon XY Adventures

What's happening everyone? Welcome back to the blog! Today is December 6th so that means there's 18 days left until Christmas now! We just bought a whole load of candy... Which we're putting away until Christmas week... The torture has begun, hahaha.

I went downtown yesterday with the family and it seems they've already got all the Christmas stuff set up and ready! It's starting to look a lot like Christmas all around!


There's Christmas reefs and lights all around the town. It was pretty dull and cloudy yesterday (We had a bucket down of rain a couple days ago.) but the Christmas spirit seems to be strong around town,


There seems to be a lot more this year then last year.



They even have this awesome Christmas tree up. Funny enough I do not remember them having this tree up last year. It doesn't look as pretty as it does at night time though. I'm going to be bring you guys a video, or maybe even more videos of as many Christmas lights as I can find. Basically I'm going to be driving around filming Christmas lights like I've done for my other travel montage videos from the past. I did something similar to this back in 2014 on an old youtube channel so I'm hoping to top that this year and bring you this mega awesome collection of Christmas light videos! Of course for those who don't want to watch videos I'm going to be posting still photos here on the blog as well. It's just videos are a lot easier for me when it comes to Christmas lights then still photos. Actually I've always taken photos and videos of Christmas lights for years now (I have an entire collection archived on my computer that I might pull from to show you guys.) I just never properly released them with the exception of 2014.


We brought Alfie along for the ride too. He's been pretty good in the car, we bring him out with us quite often. Poor puppy felt a little icky on yesterday's trip but he was good other then that. He seems to really enjoy the rides, every so often he wants to look out the window and see his surroundings. When we take him out on walks he's always super curious about anyone and everything.

Of course we had Christmas music playing including Message of Christmas which is a song done by Redbridge High School for Special Needs Students. (All money goes to the school for new equipment.) 

So I dug out (Didn't have to go far) some manga books I'm going to start re-reading in hype for Pokemon Sun and Moon.


MINOR SPOILERS... Maybe? Just to be sure, be cautious.

This is the Pokemon XY Adventures manga series! This of course is the latest chapter (Actually the ORAS ones probably count as the latest) in the Pokemon Adventures manga series. (The original series starring Red, Blue and Green were the first in the series). The story focuses on Trainers X, Yvonne, Shauna, Trevor and Tierno as they travel throughout the Kalos region. Trainer X is/was a champion who was called a child prodigy in Pokemon Battling. Due to the fame though he goes into hiding (He stays in his house pretty much all the time.) much to the dismay of his best friends, Yvonne (A Sky Trainer), Shauna, Trevor, Tierno and his partner Pokemon Kangaskhan. Though when disaster strikes he's forced out of his home and out onto the road in search of answers.

I absolutely love this chapter in the adventure series. There's so much depth to the characters and the fact that they're practically on the run (They're actually targeted by someone) makes this an awesome trilling journey. I only have 4 volumes so far but I'm going to be getting 5-8 pretty soon so I won't have to wait long to continue this journey. Yvonne is probably my favorite character in this tale so far. I've been getting really sucked into this story so I'm very eager to get the next volumes soon.

I've always been super interested in the Pokemon Manga that's out there. Ever since I first came across Pokemon Diamond and Pearl Adventure! (The one with Hareta and Mitsume. The exclamation point is also an actual part of the title, haha.) I've been hooked on the amount of depth these books add to the Pokemon universe. I actually got ahold of the original series too but there's a lot of older Pokemon manga I still do not have, but hey it seems to be easy to get them lately so it probably wont be too long. 

Knitting! Yes I have a small update/photo to share. While on the trip I mentioned earlier in this blog post I worked a bit on my shawl.


It's growing.. Oh boy is it growing. Rows are starting to take a lot longer to complete now. I'm not able to do as many rows in a day as I was in the beginning but it's coming along nicely. I'm loving how this Pixie Dust colorway is looking so far! The plan is to keep knitting on this until I end the first ball of this yarn then switch over to my second ball of yarn (Once I ball it.. Haven't done that yet because I don't need it yet.). Once I switch to the second ball of yarn I'm going to start on my edge pattern and finish it off. I may do a bit more on the body with the second ball it depends on how long it is, don't want it short to be honest. 

Don't forget to check me out on Ravelry for knitting stuff!

So we're coming to the end of the blog for today once more. Knitting is being a bit slow so sorry the update on that wasn't super big. Hope you enjoyed reading! I'm trying to improve on my blogging and this website in general so changes will probably be happening here and there. If you have any thoughts on how I could improve please feel free to share in the comments or on my social media! Speaking of social media I'm still trying to you know... Actually use it more often. I'm for the most part on Instagram, Facebook as well as Twitter and Google Plus. So yeah don't forget to hit me up on those social medias and until next time...

See you on the next blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment