Wednesday, December 14, 2016

Decking The Halls With Super Mario Maker

Howwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwsssssssssssssss it going everyone! My keyboard got stuck a little there for a bit (Not really, haha). Everyone enjoying their day? Today is Wednesday which means I'm going to be out and super busy like most of the day so I'm writing this way in advance. (The day before... Like I always do.) Christmas is coming right up around that corner! We can almost start singing the 12 Days of Christmas.

We went out the other night to look at some Christmas lights, this has been a tradition of our family since I was 6 months old and is one of the things I look forward to the most on Christmas. Of course recently I started recording our travels so guess what I did for you all. Yup! I'm putting together a crazy Christmas Lights Extravaganza. It will "probably" be a multi parter video series I'll be uploading to my Youtube Channel later on this week. We're going to be going out again later on so I'll have even more lights to show you. For now here's a little teaser...


A Rubber Duckie Santa! Excuse the quality this is a direct video footage rip and I can never seen to get good screenshots from doing that. The video it self looks pretty good though so stay tuned for the ZAK Entertainment Christmas Lights Extravaganza!

Of course on our Christmas light trip we were listening to non stop Christmas music. One of those songs includes Message of Christmas from Redbridge High School for Special Needs students in Liverpool England. It's a wonderful song and all the funds go to the school for new equipment so please go and support it by buying it on

Now to introduce a brand new Game/Topic to the blog!


Of course this is an old photo from when I first got the game last year but recently I've been wanting to get back into playing Super Mario Maker. If you have no clue what this game is, basically it's a tool kit for creating your own Super Mario levels! You're giving tons of elements from various Mario games new and old and four different game modes to use. Super Mario Bros, Super Mario Bros 3, Super Mario World and New Super Mario Brothers U (With NSBW elements.). You can then upload your levels up to the Internet on Super Mario Maker's Course World. (You can also play and download millions of other people's awesome levels.) These aren't just little mini levels you can make though, these are full blown Mario levels that you can make! The possibilities are endless and really lets your creativity soar. This was a big 30th Super Mario Bros Anniversary game last year and I've absolutely loved my experiences with it. Though I've not played it as much in the past couple of months I've really wanted to get back into it and I think I can incorporate some stuff of it into this blog.

For starters there's this website you can view all Super Mario Maker courses on, bookmark them using your Nintendo Network account for later and then play them on your Wii U by viewing your bookmarks. My profile on here is ZmanStar and you can view all my courses at https://supermariomakerbookmark.nintendo.net/profile/ZmanStar. I have quite a lot with some variety of different elements and course types. I'm not the greatest by any means but I think you'll enjoy them. If you have the new Super Mario Maker for 3DS I BELIEVE you'll be able to download and play my levels and other people's levels as well. I don't know if this is true or not I can't really find anything and the official website isn't telling me much. The 3DS version seems kind of limited, you can't upload levels or transfer them to the Wii U version... To be honest I would of at least liked to transfer levels to the Wii U that I make on the 3DS. Maybe they'll add that in the future and maybe I'll get it but for now I'll stick to the Wii U version.

Anyway I've been getting back into Mario Maker and working on some new levels, I've had a bit of an idea block (...Coin block, haha) so I've not been making any recently I'm hoping the community is still active (Well I'll make it active again.). Been working on this really awesome level that involves Princess Peach's Castle.


And... Ghosts?!


What does this entail? Well you'll have to wait and see! I'm going to continue working on this level and keep you guys updated.

Now last year for Christmas I actually made a Super Mario Christmas level! Thought I would share that level on the blog for everyone! (I really should've started this blog up last year.)

The level is called "How Mario Saved Christmas"


The story behind this level is Bowser has stolen the gifts of all the children of Toad Town! Santa has his hands full so Mario sets out to assist him by beating Bowser and returning the gifts to all the children! Will Mario succeed? Well that's up to you. You can play this level by going to the Super Mario Bookmark page or by entering the code 6CEC-0000-012D-90A5 Into Super Mario Maker's Course World search function.

So yeah really excited about bring Mario Maker stuff to the blog and hope you enjoy it too! Gonna be doing level features on other cool levels from other creators as well. So get out there and make some levels! Send me some in the comments (Or on my Social Medias or Contact Form) for me to play if you got any!

Speaking of stuff related to "How" and "Christmas" we're going to be downloading a new Christmas movie! (New as in from 2000...)


Dr. Seuss' How the Grinch Stole Christmas! This is the live action adaptation of the original book and animated short starring Jim Carrey as the Grinch! (Also apparently Ron Howard directed... I actually didn't know this.) We've seen this movie every year via some way or another but we decided to download this movie into our permanent collection! This movie is goofy in all ways and a great Christmas flick. I actually think I love this movie more then the original animation... Is that a bad thing?

So yeah gonna download and watch that movie within the next couple of days. You can check it out on if you don't know much about it or if you wanna buy it.

Time to wrap up the blog for today! Hope you enjoyed reading and if you play Super Mario Maker hope you enjoy those levels I've created! Keep tuned in for the Christmas Lights Extravaganza! I'm editing it all now so you'll be seeing it within the next few days. I won't be able to do much tomorrow as I'm going to be pretty busy but I'll have the first part up Friday for everyone! Don't forget to check out my Youtube channel, ZAK Entertainment's Facebook Page, My Instagram, Twitter and Ravelry! Speaking of Ravelry I'll have some knitting for you guys on Friday don't worry. Enjoy the rest of your day and...

See you on the next blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment