Monday, November 27, 2017

Visiting my Sister's Painting at the Bossier Art's Council Gallery!

Hey there everyone! Enjoy your Thanksgiving? Hopefully you ate plenty and are still rolling around from the amount of food, I know I am. Today's blog is going to be an actual short blog this time, but what I'm shoving into this blog is far from short. I'm bringing you guys a brand new video of that trip my sister and I took to Bossier Arts Council to view my sister's first painting that she has ever entered into a gallery as well as actually getting accepted on her first try. Yeah Annie is pretty incredible and if you saw last week's blog you will already have seen the amazing painting.

There's a lot more to see at the Bossier Arts Council from a load of other artists as well so grab some popcorn, your paints and paintbrush and check out this cool new video!


Star Wars parody besides the point I think this video turned out pretty good, it could of been a lot better if my camera lens wasn't dirty, which I was not aware of as of recording this trip. I also sounded pretty quite too as it didn't feel right speaking loud in a gallery, seemed kind of disrespectful but maybe I was wrong.

Besides my sister's amazing painting it was great to see so many different artists with many different art styles and techniques. I have to admit I've never been into a gallery before so as a beginning artist myself this served as some great inspiration, to the point I've actually been picking up on my own art again, mostly pencil sketching but I've also come to love pencil sketching as an art form.

Annie's painting is dubbed "The Wanderlust Forest". The paint strokes, the vibrant colors, everything about this painting is amazing and for some reason I really like those added small dash strokes that Annie always adds into her painting, it adds a stylish and aesthetic look to all of her art work.

This painting is actually up for sale for $150 but sadly due to myself not being able to make it out to the Gallery until recently and the fact that the Council hadn't actually advertised the paintings properly until last Saturday you won't really have the chance to see this painting in real life unless you go out to see it within the next four days and even then you would have to be in the area. If you are in the area however the address is 630 Barksdale Blvd, Bossier City, LA and if you're interested in buying I believe they may have shipping options available so give them a call at (318)741-8310.

You can read more about this painting on Annie's blog here:
http://ladyannavintage.blogspot.com/2017/11/the-artwork-gallery-show.html

And at the Bossier Arts Council Gallery Page:
http://bossierarts.org/wordpress1/gallery-exhibitions-2/east-bank-gallery/hbbh-2/

So that's all for today sadly, really sorry about the short blog but I was poised for time this week so this video as all I could muster. There wasn't really any news so it's not so bad. With Christmas right around the corner expect some Christmassy topics coming your way as well as some discussions about what I've been watching lately... Which is mostly RWBY and The Flash. Oh yeah speaking of the Flash the Crisis on Earth-X Crossover event begins tonight on Supergirl at 8 eastern/ 7 Central so be sure to check it out! This will be the one time I actually tune into Supergirl believe it or not.

This was ZAK Entertainment

See you next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment