Monday, August 21, 2017

New Pokemon Ultra Sun and Moon Details and Introducing ZAK Merchandise

One whole year, it’s amazing how fast it flies. Come this September 28th ZAK Entertainment will have been operating for one year. What started off as just a way for me to write and discuss topics and interests that I love as well as blog about my life here and there has come a long way in just one year. Since September my topics list has grown to an expansive amount due to increasing my interests over time and while it may seem like a lot to juggle I think I do a pretty good job in slipping in a little bit of everything here and there. I wasn’t sure if a Multi Topic blog would even be feasible but hey you guys have been coming back and reading every day so it must be, right? I don’t think I could keep this blog running on just one topic without it ending up a bi-weekly blog or even less. I have a big love letter to send you guys at the latter half of the blog but until then it’s time for the big news. Oh boy I’ve been sitting back and waiting for so long but here we go. The train has left the station it’s time for Pokemon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon news!

Nintendo graciously dropped some huge bombs of news during the Pokemon World Championships and onto the Pokemon Youtube channel that has revealed more of Game Freak’s newest adventure. Of course they would have to drop it on a day where I’ve already published the blog so I haven’t been able to discuss this until Today. There is a good side to that however and that’s the fact I’ve had three days to analyze all of the news revealed.


Alright first off all, wow I thought the Wild Battle theme was great in Sun and Moon but this remix is crazy. I’m not sure how Masuda manages to 1-up himself every time but he pulled it off again. It’s so much more action packed with a little bit more tension then its previous incarnation.


First thing that I noticed was it seems you will be encountering the Starter Pokemon in a much different location then previously, which was Iki Town during the Festival after you meet Hala the Island Kahuna. Really love the new artwork for the starter Pokemon I have to say which was revealed at the start of the trailer.


Next up, just for a split second on what is apparently Route 1 you can see a Rockruff following you happily. Now at first I thought this was perhaps a return to the Pokemon following you feature from Heart Gold and Soul Silver and Pokemon Yellow but really it looks more like this Rockruff isn’t yours but is quite happy to chase you around as you encounter it in the fields, maybe it belongs to a trainer of some kind. Or this could really be the return of Pokemon following you so let’s keep an open mind. It seems Pokemon will be much more prominent in the overworld as seen by the quite populated amount of Alolan Exeggutors hanging around as well as more lively animation from the Alolan Pokemon residents.


Okay so we are definitely getting new locations in Alola and while I’m still not sure if this is a sequel or a heavily alternative universe to the original games. (It’s looking to be the latter, but the Ultra Space storyline actually makes it make sense.) There’s this new forest location with some broken and eerie trees followed by what looks like some new trainers. Yes! New trainer classes? Sign me up. These guys look like they’re taking a visit from Johto going by their getup. They way they’re positioned makes me think this location perhaps is a new trial location.


Is Kahili finally having a larger role in the game? To be honest she wasn’t really in the original games much until the end as part of the Elite Four and while it seemed she was going to have a larger role it never came into light. She doesn’t have her Z-Ring either which is quite intriguing. Will we be seeing her grow and develop as the story progresses? This definitely tells me this isn’t a sequel but an alternative story and I don’t just mean Platinum level of alternative this really does seem to be a completely different story yet set in the same setting with new additions but I don’t have any more to confirm that other then the fact it seems Ryuki, who was previously a secret trainer you can battle after becoming Champion in Pokemon Sun and Moon, will also be playing a bigger role in a building that is very reminiscent of an old frustrating friend of mine, Lt Surge’s Gym from Kanto.

Remember those empty plots of land? Well it seems each and every one of them are now being filled which you can tell by looking at the newer rendition of the Alolan map.


First up is a new building on Melemele Island. It seemed to me at first to be something related to Cameras and sure enough thanks to the awesome people at Game Informer we now know what this is. Mr. Kazumasa Iwao, the now confirmed director of Pokemon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon sat down with Game Informer in a Video released last Saturday to show off one of what seems to be quite a few new features coming to Pokemon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon, the Alola Photo Club.


Okay I have to admit I love all these extra features Game Freak adds to the games and this one might be the coolest feature yet as it allows you to take photos with your Pokemon, at least your ingame avatar anyway. It’s not just some click and shoot feature either you can pose, position and do all sorts of awesome things with this app. A lot of the poses come from the Z-Moves featured in the game and you can do some post processing to finalize your memory. It seems you can do this with all Pokemon so get ready to do some goofy poses with your Mewtwo because I’m sure Mewtwo will appreciate it. (Seriosuly the guy has a soft side, especially for PokeBeans.) Really I appreciate these extra features as they allow for some serious cool down moments between heated battles.

It seems this is the building occupying the spot in Melemele but on further examination the other spots among the various islands do not look to be the same, so perhaps we have many different features coming to the game for a true ULTRA version of Sun and Moon, we’ll have to wait and see for more information.

Back to the Z Moves it seems we’ll be getting new Z Moves in the game as well as a brand new and quite stylish Z-Ring in a black color instead of the previous white and gray color. This looks awfully familiar to Gladion’s Z-Ring from the end of Sun and Moon so I wonder if that’s just a coincidence or not.


They have revealed one of the new exclusive Z-Moves as a Z-Move for a Sun and Moon favorite of mine, Kommo-O! It’s called Clangorous Soulblaze and features the dragon shaking his scales in a short dance befor unleashing a energy wave that hits all opponents on the opposite field in battles such as a Double Battle. (Not sure if it hits your partner Pokemon as well we’ll have to wait and see on that.) Oh yeah it also increases all of Kommo-o’s stats… Yeah this move is absolutely busted and that’s why I love it so much.

It seems this Z-Move will be a part of these new Z-Power Moves making a lot more variety of Z-Moves usable. Apparently the black Z-Ring is named the Z-Power Ring and that little snippet of the main character turning the Z-Ring in the original announcement trailer has to do with these new Z-Moves.


Finally there wasn’t much but I noticed one thing possible related to Necrozma. What on earth is happening to Poni Island? Is that an Ultra Wormhole? It’s strikingly nostalgia and I’m getting some real Déjà vu from the pre-Pokemon Platinum release days with the weird worm hole appearing over Mt Coronet in the pre-release trailers and the new map of Sinnoh. Game Freak has said this game will reveal the hidden truths of the Alola Region left unanswered by Sun and Moon so we’ll just have to play the games to find out.

Overall I’m way more excited for these games then I’ve ever been. I absolutely adored Sun and Moon and the world it created and I’m absolutely excited to dive deeper into the lore of Alola when these games release November 24th of this year.

You can watch the American Trailer here:


And Game Informer’s Article and Video regarding the Alola Photo Club here:
I’ll be sure to spend another whole blog discussing the next announcement so until then… It’s time for a huge announcement regarding the future of ZAK Entertainment.

As a love letter to all of you for reading my blog for this past year I’m kicking off ZAK Entertainment’s 1 year anniversary a little early with something I’ve been planning for a long time now. You like T-Shirts? Well get ready for this!
Yes I introduce to you all, ZAK Entertainment Merchandise! I’ve been seeking out different platforms for a while and I decided for starters to go with Redbubble due to the options it offers. I did have Spreadshirt in mind and this could end up a platform option still in the future but for now we’re starting off with Redbubble. Now you can wear the ZAK Entertainment logo on your T-Shirt in every size imaginable but that’s not all. Redbubble also allows for more than just T-Shirts, such as this.
Yeah I kid you not; this is a ZAK Entertainment embellished iPhone 7 Case. I couldn’t believe myself when I found out I could do this. This comes available in all manner of phones even some older ones as well.
Other than that stuff you can also buy Coffee Mugs, Tote Bags, Notebooks and stickers all with the ZAK Entertainment logo or even just the Camera logo on its own which is available as well.

Redbubble is also a great way for artists to get their work out for sale as well and I’ll be getting more of my watercolor work out for you to purchase as prints and other merchandise at a later time if you so wish. You may want to consider signing up and selling your artwork here as well if you’re an artist, it’s a good option I think though I’m only just launching it.

For now however I got two more works that’ll be available to buy on this launch day. First off is an art piece I’ve had finished for a while now but I decided to hold off until I launched this store as it works perfectly on merchandise. This is a watercolor piece I did of a 1957 Chevrolet Bel Air.


By far my Dad’s favorite car which is why this was featured on his Father’s day card but now you can buy it yourself on T-Shirts, Mugs, Even your own cards similar to what I made Dad.


You can buy this shirt and other merchandise with the same artwork here:
https://www.redbubble.com/people/zakentertains/works/27652557-57-chevy?asc=u

There’s a lot of variety to choose from and I never realized how perfect it would work on all this merchandise. Really I was just going to offer you guys the ZAK Entertainment logo but I got pushed into letting my artwork out onto here as well so let’s see if that will work out. You won’t be able to purchase say Aeris or her friends from Dream Eclipse as of right now but who knows that may change when the Novel is released…

Finally I decided to put out my recent 1960 Austin Healey 3000 illustration for you to purchase.
Now this doesn’t actually work that well for T-Shirts or a lot of things really due to its width and general sizing but I mean it wasn’t created to sell on merchandise. Regardless I’ve put this up on here mostly as an art print you can purchase but also Laptop Skins/Sleeves, Pillows, Tote Bag and even a greeting card so there’s still some options here for you.

This may seem like a small launch selection but I will now be working on dedicated designs for this merchandise in the upcoming future so keep an eye out! As I grow as an artist I hope to bring you some really awesome stuff because really I’m doing this for you guys. (Even though I kind of want to purchase some of my own merchandise because man does the ZAK Entertainment logo look cool on a Laptop Skin.) Now as far as actually purchasing anything it’s pretty easy, you don’t even need an account. It’s pretty much the same as say Amazon or anywhere else so it’s no hassle.

You can check out and purchase all what I've shown you via the ZAK Entertainment Redbubble page: https://www.redbubble.com/people/zakentertains

This is just the beginning of the ZAK Entertainment 1 year anniversary and I got a few more tricks up my sleeve as well as general blog ideas that’ll be rolling out within the next month and a half. Thank you all for sticking with me for this awesome year. My goal for this blog still stands, to allow you to express your own interests and perhaps learn new ones but it seems I am learning a lot myself. I mean if it wasn’t for this blog I wouldn’t have ever gotten into doing artwork and Dream Eclipse may of never left the ground and into the current writing phase that it’s in. This blog has allowed me to grow as a writer, an artist, a journalist, a male knitter and of a person in general.

Don’t forget to go support me on Patreon as well if you enjoy this blog or my short films I make for the ZAK Entertainment Youtube Channel. (Which is basically a video storage for this blog for the most part.) Through Patreon I wish to better improve my equipment (I need a new computer, believe it or not.) to bring you better and better content but also build a community. Don’t feel shy to leave a comment below too because all Feedback and Criticism is much appreciated!

https://www.patreon.com/zakentertainment

So with all that mushy stuff out of the way it’s time to head out for the day. Hope you all enjoyed the blog and the new merchandise! I’m going to be bringing a lot more to you guys in the near future besides just blogs and videos. I have a novel series I’m pouring my soul into; I have my knitting, Redbubble and my artwork so I kind of have my work cut out for me, don’t I? I’m enjoying every second of it.

This was ZAK Entertainment

Thank you for one whole year!

No comments:

Post a Comment