Friday, August 18, 2017

Solar Eclipsing Some Movie News and a Mouth Watering Pasta Meal

Welcome to the 150th blog! Yeah we made it guys; just before the 1 year anniversary we hit 150 blogs. I’ve been writing and posting blogs from all sorts of entertainment topics pulled from my life and what happens around it. Sometimes it’s just news blogs but I like to add my own personal feelings into said news to make it more like a blog rather than just an article for a newspaper. I’ve loved every second of this blog so let’s make it 1500 blogs! Is that too much? Anyway some big things are coming within the next few months so stay tuned for that, I’ll announce more as I come closer to releasing it. For now however let’s look to the future and talk about something big and bright in our sky, the Sun.

It brings life to the planet, light, energy and allows for us to thrive. It also is super hot, so bright you wouldn’t want to look at it directly but also undergoes a pretty awesome crossover with the Moon every so often. This Monday the world will experience the total Solar Eclipse as well as my first time experiencing one. Total Solar Eclipses are not super rare (Still rare though.) but America or more so Southern America tend to not get to see it or only get to see a partial eclipse. Either way Eclipses are pretty awesome and I’m excited to see it in person. I might even get some inspiration from this experience, what for however is classified Novel information.

This Solar Eclipse is the result of the sun sneaking up behind the moon during a meeting of fate on during their orbit causing a massive shadow to be cast over the earth, pretty cool huh? Perhaps freaky even. Anyway while America seems to be the main target of this Total Solar Eclipse but East Asia and Western Europe seem to be getting a partial eclipse.  


I sadly don’t have the right equipment to record or take photos of the solar eclipse (Sorry guys.) but I do have this snazzy eyewear I got from my local library, which brings me to an important safety notice. Please do not look at the Solar Eclipse without these! You can get them for free at your local library or purchase them from a local store for mostly cheap prices. Just ask for Eclipse Glasses I think that’s the general name for them. The sun might go dark but the strength of its light actually strengthens and can seriously damage your eyes or even permanently blind you. Actually I think the sun is even more dangerous during the partial phases, but don’t take any chances on any of that, even if you are Superman.

While Solar Eclipses do happen every several years this one is looking to be special, it’s the first total Eclipse on American Soil since 1991 and the first to sweep across the entire country since 1918, which is pretty crazy I wasn’t alive for either of them.

For more information and times where the Solar Eclipse will occur go visit this page on NASA!
https://eclipse2017.nasa.gov/eclipse-who-what-where-when-and-how

Speaking of space there is a new poster and movie trailer out for something kind of space related. Back in 2010 a movie by the name of Skyline released, it was a Science Fiction Alien Invasion movie and that was pretty much it. I’ve not seen it so my opinions on it are not really there but I have heard of it. Well the movie is getting a sequel in the form of Beyond Skyline. It looks like the storyline is pretty much the same, as you know every alien invasion movie of all time. Someone close to the protagonist gets abducted and now he forms a human resistance to get his son back. You can check out the trailer below.


Can’t find a release date for this movie but I assume it’s coming out later on this year. It might be a good movie, I might be surprised I’m not sure but if you like Alien Invasion movies go check this movie out.

Now that we’re transitioned into movie news, I got some MAJOR news regarding the 007 franchise.


It’s been up in the air for the longest time but finally Daniel Craig has announced he will be returning to the James Bond role at least one more time in the upcoming 2019 007 movie. We’ve been getting teased about this for so long now with rumors flying of Daniel Craig’s replacement so it’s great to finally have some answers.  This new bond movie is not named as of right now but we’ll most likely be getting more information sooner rather than later as production starts 2018, which isn’t really that far away.

Star Wars seems to have made quite the comeback lately with movies coming out of the woodworks. We have the new storyline happening starting with The Force Awakens and this year’s The Last Jedi and side movies which dive into the history of Star Wars such as Rouge One and the upcoming Han Solo… Solo movie. Star Wars has introduced a bunch of memorable characters (Some better than the other… Looking at you Jar Jar.) and Obi-Wan is by far one of them. We got introduced to old Obi-Wan in the original trilogy and saw a bit into his origins and younger self in the prequel trilogy. You know where I’m going with this? Yes this was another big floating idea for a while now but it’s actually official now. The master himself Obi-Wan Kenobi is getting his own spin-off movie. This is in early talks as of right now but Stephen Daldry is in talks to head development and writing of this movie.  Daldry is popular for directing episodes of Netflix’s period drama The Crown (Which is due a blog from me before the next season) so let’s see what comes from this. Obi-Wan is one of my favorite charcters so I can’t wait to see it come into fruition. Depending on what era they could actually get Ewan McGregor who played Obi-Wan in the prequels and has expressed interest in returning to the role.

The Marvel Cinematic Universe is growing more and more every year and we’re reaching a huge point in that universe. So many new shows and movies are on their way out and it’s crazy to think they’re all connected. That being said a certain royal family of superheroes will soon hit the airwaves and theatres. They’ve been teasing the Inhumans for a while now but finally they’re making their debut on the big screens followed by a series airing on ABC, which is pretty cool they used to do this a lot back in the day, air the first serial on the big screen then transition it to a TV show. Truth is I don’t know the Inhumans as well as I do other Superhero teams but this looks to be pretty awesome. Inhumans will have the Inhuman Royal Family made up of Black Bolt, Maximus, Medusa, Gorgon, Crystalm Auran and Triton as they escape to Hawaii after a military coup. The world is at peril, but will they be able to save themselves first? One question though… Will they be introducing the Krees and Skrulls? It’s about time to be honest and Inhumans would be a cool way of bringing in those guys for Phase 4 of the MCU. You can check out the trailer below.


Marvel’s Inhumans’s first two Episodes will have a threatre run in IMAX for two weeks starting September 1st before airing the full series on ABC this September 29th.

Finally one last bit of movie news to show you guys with one last trailer. Ever wondered what it would be like to have Ryan Reynolds and Samuel L Jackson in the same movie together? Well get ready for Hitman’s Bodyguard. Ryan Reynolds plays a bodyguard by the name of Michael Bryce who gets a new client in the form of Darius Kincaid played by Samuel L Jackson who just so happens to be one of the world’s most notorious hitmen. This is a team up of actors I never thought would act together but always wanted them to team up. It’s Rated R so expect Samuel L. Jackson to be swearing a lot (It’s his thing, and we love him for it.) as well as some hilarious action comedy when this movie releases… Well today, right when this blog goes up. Want something to do after reading the blog? Go check this movie out and leave me your thoughts down in the comments or on my Social Media! Would love to hear your thoughts. It might be too over the line for myself actually.


You know I haven’t really said much about what I’ve been eating lately but I can’t resist showing you guys this one bit. Well the other night I had an incredible pasta meal and I’ll tell you now I’m a huge fan of pasta and Italian meals but this one might of completely out done it by far.


This is linguine pasta boiled up and then strained and then cooked with olive oil, butter, a little bit of balsamic vinegar, garlic, lemon juice and Italian seasonings with quite a lot of parmesan cheese added. The pasta was served with delicious lemon juice, balsamic, thyme and garlic baked Salmon and some steamed veggies. This meal is absolutely mouth watering and actually easy and quick to make, it only took half an hour to prepare, cook and serve. Credits for this have to go to my Mum of course. If I ever needed reassurance of my love for pasta this is it. This is a must do again, for sure. Kind of wish I had some more right now.

Before I reveal the free knitting pattern of the day I have to remind you Pokemon fans of something. Well yesterday I finally got my butt to GameStop to pick up a Salazzle Event Code card.


This event will be running until September 4th so be sure to stop by your local GameStop and pick up your battle ready Salazzle! This girl holds a Focus Sash and comes with the moves Fake Out, Toxic, Sludge Bomb and Flamethrower.

Now finally here’s the FREE knitting pattern of the day! I am a huge fan of fair isle and colorworks patterns, almost to the point that I’m a huge sucker for them. This pattern today is a beautiful Fair Isle pattern as well as being a blanket… and a pillow?! This is “Fair Isle Border Blanket and Pillow” from Patons!


Yeah this is another one of those two in one patterns and by gods this is gorgeous. This isn’t just a fair isle border either on closer examination I discovered there’s an actual diamond pattern in the middle which makes this even more rich and luxury-esque. Even more awesome this isn’t just diamond pattern, this is my old friend, an Argyle pattern! (Which I discussed quite a bit in this blog: https://zakentertainment.blogspot.com/2017/07/reviewing-chiaogoo-knit-red-lace-needles.html .) You’ll need quite a lot of worsted yarn in multiple colors which Patons lists on their site. You’ll also need 4.5 MM / US 7 Circular knitting needles with a 36 inch (90 CM) cord and another needle of the same size but with a 20 inch (51 cm) cord for the pillow.

This pattern even impressed Mum who wants to have a go at this. Hey wait maybe we should both do this pattern, one will do the pillow and one the blanket, that’s actually a really cool idea. Let’s see what comes from that. I know I know I’m sorry for the lack of knitting! I feel guilty but trust me, I have not given up and I actually have been doing some knitting but this blog is getting long so you guys will have to wait until Monday for that progress update. You can check out this awesome pattern by following this link here: http://www.yarnspirations.com/patterns/fair-isle-border-blanket-and-pillow-1.html.

With that all said, hope you guys enjoy the Solar Eclipse Monday as well as the blog coming out on Monday which I’m not telling you anything about just yet, it might be one of those big announcements I teased, it may not be, who knows?

This was ZAK Entertainment

See you on Monday!

“With the coming of Sun and Moon shall the seal break and the path to the promised land, the land of salvation be open to us as we walk to the future.”

Not telling you guys what that means

But it means something.

[Photo Credits: ZAK Entertainment, MGM, The Pokemon Company, Patons Yarn.]

No comments:

Post a Comment