Monday, September 18, 2017

Racing to The Flash Season 4 Premiere (Arrowverse 2017)

Oh boy October 10th is drawing closer by the second. Not sure what I mean by that? Well if you’re as much of a comic nerd as I am you’ll know The Flash Season 4 premiers on the CW on that day! While there are 4 CW DC shows (Actually 5 but Black Lightning isn’t connected to the rest, apparently. Might still check it out) The Flash has been the show I’ve been the biggest fan of throughout the past 5 years that the Arrowverse has been around for. Actually the only show I ever really dropped was Supergirl. Arrow I lost track of for some reason but I can catch back up on that through Netflix. Legends of Tomorrw? It actually was pretty great, Eobard was an incredible villain as always and I loved the introduction of the first Vixen and the Justice Society of America. Also Rory was the MVP throughout the entire season. Anyway I’m very eager for Flash, and actually Arrow despite still not having seen Season 4 but they’ve been a little tight lipped about the CW seasons besides a few details regarding the villain of Flash, Barry’s fate and a few details regarding the new Black Canary (Who is actually Dana now) but with this release date closing the trailers are rolling out CW is rolling out the news and trailers for all four shows. First up I’m going to discuss The Flash because I’ve been on the edge of my seat waiting for this next season. Let’s just say things are going to be getting pretty hairy in this new trailer which you can watch below.


Barry has a beard. Not just that full facial hair. Yeah looks like spending time in the Speed Force is the perfect solution for any baby faced man looking to grow a majestic beard, no need for laser combed mustaches. (Anyone who gets this joke gets a cookie.)

Barry’s strength seems to have increased tenfold and he seems a lot more in tune with the Speed Force but going by his dazed eyes and confusion in this trailer I almost thought they were using the whole amnesia storyline again. However in a even more recent interview with the man who breathes life into Barry himself, Grant Gustin from Entertainment Weekly we got some new details regarding this different Barry Allen.

“Initially, Barry is pretty scrambled when he comes out of the Speed Force,” Gustin tells EW. “He’s not himself, he’s talking nonsense. The way I see it, when he was in the Speed Force, he experienced his whole life laid out in front of him from start to finish. So in some sense, he comes out very wise, kind of knowing everything, but he has no understanding of what he’s seen, so he comes out very jumbled and talking what he thinks makes complete sense, but just nonsense to the rest of the crew.”

He also goes on to say that “A huge weight has been lifted and Barry has forgiven himself again of all the mistakes he made the last couple of years.”

A much lighter tone seems to be returning to the series after the darker overtones of the last two seasons which I say thank goodness too. The serious deals with Reverse Flash and his links to Barry were perfectly mixed with the fun moments of Season 1 so if they’re actually adding more fun to the series and preferably less of the Earth hopping I’m going to be pretty excited for this season. I’m not saying Season 2 and 3 were bad I enjoyed them thoroughly but I have to say something was missing that Season 1 had deep in its core.

Oh yeah some photos now give us a better look at Barry’s new suit for the season which looks similar to the one 2024 Barry wore in Season 3 which is sweet.

Looks like this Barry Allen may finally be that Barry we love from the comics so I can’t wait to see this show when the new season premieres October 10th at 7 PM Central/8 PM Eastern/5 PM Pacific.

You can read more at this Entertainment Weekly Article written by Natalie Abrams here: http://ew.com/tv/2017/09/14/flash-season-4-spoilers/

Kind of want Barry to keep that beard all season to be honest; he’s doing what Stephen Amell never did.

Speaking of Stephen let’s switch focuses to Arrow! I thought watching this trailer would spoil me on Season 5 but you know what? This trailer doesn’t actually show much that I can understand. I wouldn’t watch this still without watching Season 5 first so just heed that warning.


I can’t say I really know what’s going on but SLADES BACK BABY! Slade is one of my all time favorite villains, hands down. Whether it’s the original Teen Titans animation, comics, or Arrow Deathstroke is just the best.

Oliver’s son (Which he didn’t know he had, go figures) looks to be pretty afraid of his father, or maybe the Green Arrow more so. Also Oliver still doesn’t have the classic goatee that his comic book self has. I’m pretty sure Stephen said if the show made it to Season 6 he would turn up wearing the goatee but ohh well beggars can’t be choosers. Back on a serious note this season looks pretty awesome so we’ll just have to wait for more news. I’ll have to catch back up on Season 5 before I really do get spoiled.

Next up is Legends of Tomorrow which starts where the last season left of, with Dinosaurs.


Yeah that’s a thing. It seems kind of the same thing from last season with fixing all the time aberrations so I really hope they spice things up otherwise it’s going to be pretty boring. According to the Behind the Scenes video the one of the villains is actually going to be from the Vixen animated series from the CW Seed app which is going to be awesome. More insight and storyline regarding Vixen is greatly appreciated I feel like she could have her own show if they wanted to, oh wait. (It’s not actually the same Vixen but you catch my drift, right? That’s a bad Flash joke I’m moving on now.) Rip Hunter is apparently going to not be a regular character anymore but I guess Sara Lance has taken over as leader of the Legends after the ending of Season 2. This season will premiere after the Flash on October 10th, 2017 so you guys get double the super hero action that day. Are they going to be introducing any new heroes though? I actually like the whole bringing in different heroes and villains each season idea while keeping a majority of the core characters idea.

Supergirl is up next and… Well I’m really sorry for not sounding enthusiastic about the show I gave up on the show halfway during Season 2. I’m sorry but minimal appearances by Superman were not enough to keep me interested and to be honest I didn’t think he was a good Superman anyway.  I’ll probably give it another chance at some point but for now check out below.


You can see more at the CW’s youtube channel so be sure to check that out. Be sure to check your local listings to see what channel the CW is broadcasting to in your local area! (Always wanted to say that.

Did I already mention that Wonder Woman was out now on DVD and iTunes? Yeah it doesn’t take long for movies to hit the DVDs and iTunes lately, which is a good thing to me because I don’t usually watch movies in the theatre. Well I’m bringing it up again because today’s FREE Knitting Pattern feature is directly related to Wonder Woman! I shared earlier on this year an awesome Wonder Woman sweater that looked just like her outfit, just in sweater form. Well now you can wear the Wonder Woman logo around your neck in this awesome colorworks “Wonder Woman Wrap” by Carissa Browning!


This looks AWESOME no doubt about it. It’s simple to knit yet the result is incredible. As always with these kinds of wraps you’ll need fingering weight yarn in whatever color you think fits, Carissa recommends some on the Ravelry page as well as the amount you’ll need. To knit it you’ll need US 4 – 3.5 MM needles, preferably circular needles.


Now Clarissa I need you to elaborate something for me, what abilities does this scarf half? Does it make you fly? Tell the truth? Block bullets? (PLEASE DO NOT TRY THIS, EVER) Does it allow you to see the invisible jet? I guess we’ll just have to knit it and find out!


You can become wondrous by downloading this pattern below, it’s available in English, French and Spanish which is awesome for you guys because I actually have viewers coming in from all over the world, I just hope my translator works.

http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/wonder-woman-wrap-knit


Even better there’s a Crochet version of this pattern that works the same way, just with Crochet. I can’t elaborate on that due to not knowing much on crochet but for people like my sister who’s gotten into crochet this would be an awesome project for you!

http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/wonder-woman-wrap-crochet

Before I end this blog I’d like to say that Socktober is coming up soon. My knitting progress has been kind of on and off due to losing complete control of my life schedule and I keep saying I’m getting it organized but it gets even more chaotic. In the end it’s really my fault but I’m slowly working into the grove of things again, posting only two blogs a week really does help a lot with that. Anyway I’ll be posting a bunch of Sock patterns all throughout the end of September through October and if I’m lucky enough I’ll actually get a pair of socks on the needles so fingers crossed! (Or needles)

This was ZAK Entertainment

See you on Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment