Friday, October 28, 2016

Knitting Fall Socks & Beanies Plus My Pokemon Card Collection

So Friday has come once again, the weekend is here and another week has passed it's been pretty busy but a constructive one for me. I got my sock project started, which is pretty exciting as I've never knitted socks before and it's coming along quite nicely. It's getting easier and easier as I go along so despite the frustrating cast on I'm actually enjoying this now.


Currently I'm still on the top ridging and I've decided to keep going until I have around two inches of ridge and after that I will just do a normal stockinette stitch all the way down. I'm hoping I'm counting all my rows right because I have to make the second sock after this. I do have this cool little knit counter I have on a necklace (Made out of knitting yarn, because why not?) so that's helping out a lot. The colors of this yarn are reminding me of fall leaves actually, which is a perfect fit for this time of the year; I love how it's turned out so far. 

I have to say this is probably my most portable project, I'm able to take it with me on trips in the car without having to lug around so much stuff, which is what I was doing yesterday actually. That's one of the reasons I love knitting though, it's portability; I can take it with me anywhere I go to places like movie sets where in between takes I can knit and relax my nerves before I begin acting again.

Speaking of knitting in the car while I was out on a trip with my family I came across something really mysterious...


This old plane was just sitting out on the grass. I have no idea why this is here but it's been gutted and striped down, which is kind of sad as this plane probably looked awesome when it was all together. The only thing I could make out on this plane was the letters D-FMSU (or D-EMSU I can't tell...) on the under wing. I tried doing some research on those letters to try and figure out what this plane is but I can't find anything whatsoever. If any of you can identify this I would love for you to let me know in the comments or on my social media!

Oh yeah! I'm getting pretty far on my colorwork beanie, the pattern is taking shape.


I'm just about halfway done on the colorworks pattern now and the hat has actually gotten to a point where I can actually fit it on my head and check the size now. I can safely say that it does fit my head! I was a bit worried it would be too big or too small but it's coming out a perfect size for my head. I want to make hats for my family but I wanted my first hat to be for me so I'm not giving my family imperfect beanies. (Not saying this hat is imperfect but this is an experiment so I can learn how to make hats.) I'll continue working on this and keep you all updated!

Something else I did this week was I got out my Pokemon Card collection...



I've been collecting these cards for a long time now and I have a pretty vast collection of new, old and in between. As a collector I get these cards out often because I'm always worried about water damage or dust, it would be a total injustice if anything were to happen to these cards. Even when handling new cards I use the utmost caution to make sure I get them in the card slots spotless. 

I've organized this entire collection by the card pack/date released they came in. I had the idea of organizing it by Pokedex number but it wouldn't do good to keep moving my cards in and out the slots when I get new cards, this way I just put the cards into a new page and they're good to go without being unorganized.


I've gotten some pretty awesome cards over the years and recently I've pulled some really rare cards. XY's card packs seem to be super lucky for me as I got this Alakazam EX card I didn't even know existed. Apparently it's a Secret Rare card that they put into Fates Collide expansion pack, even weirder it's card number is 125 out of 124.


I would love to show off my entire collection but it would flood this blog out with photos. (I have over 25 pages of cards... Yeah that's a lot.) I'm thinking of setting up a Flickr Album for people to check out the full collection so I'll keep you guys posted on that! I just gotta get some better photos, the shininess of my card slots make it hard to get good photos. Actually I could make a video showing off my card collection instead. I'll keep you guys posted on that, I'm actually intrigued by the video idea as long as it wouldn't be too long and boring. Let me know what you think on those ideas and I'll have a go!

So that ends another blog post, thanks for reading! Monday is actually Halloween so I'm going to try to throw in some Halloween stuff for Monday, I mean I can try and get an interview with Casper the Friendly Ghost but he's pretty busy so no promises, haha. I'm actually cooking Lasagna tonight and sorry but I still haven't figured out how to send you guys some through the internet without making a mess. Anyway hope you enjoy your weekend and...

See you on the next blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment