Monday, December 5, 2016

The Fastest Knitter Alive

My name is Zachary, a few months ago a discovered my true potential to knit when my Mum gave me her blanket project to take over. From that day on I became known... as a Knitter. To the outside world I'm an ordinary guy but in secret I knit awesome objects and blog about it on my website... I am... The ZAK Knitter.

Hello everybody! I have absolutely no idea why I referenced The Flash for my blog intro there. Probably because last week's huge DC TV crossover was pretty awesome but I'll get into that later. How's everyone day going? Decorating the house for Christmas? Cooking? Well whatever you're doing hope you're enjoying yourself. I've been knitting at this peculiar fast speed. I mentioned last week I started the second sock of my pair and got the rib started... Well over the past two days I got a lot farther on this sock then I thought I would.


Amazingly I already have the rib, body and heel flap done! Okay the heel flap is just about done but I'll probably have it done later on today and onto my heel turn and gusset. When I started my first sock it took over two weeks to get this far I think. I've not had any hiccups this time either! On my first sock I had a few issues and mistakes but this has been smooth going. Thank you me for writing it all down! Though I think I could of written it down better, my notes are a bit messy. I'm going to be making a proper pattern of this vanilla sock anyway so in the future I don't have to look at my messy notes. Actually I may even give the pattern out for free on Ravelry. It's not super exciting or different it's a plain pair of socks but who knows its a very customizable sock. Would you want this pattern? Comment below!


I'm not getting second sock syndrome it seems, the two socks are matching in gauge so both are equal size. The only difference is the slight different in color variation. See this yarn I'm using is variegated so I was never guaranteed to get two identical color socks. You can check out the project on my Ravelry!

Shawl is still growing, not too much to talk about right now to be honest. I'm still working on that secret pattern as well. I think it's about time I get a new project started though. Mum has been doing a lot of cable work the past couple of days so I've been itching to start my cable hat project I mentioned previously.

So that's pretty much it on knitting, I've been knitting a lot on this sock. I don't think I've been that fast and of course I've not rushed it at all but I've put a lot of hours into it. Though I do think I could give Barry Allen a run for his money. Maybe he should start knitting, haha That would be awesome if he started doing that on The Flash TV show. I have worked on this one other craft item though. My sister and I made these cool little cork & string toys for our birds (We own 1 big Miligold Macaw, an Indian Ringneck and two Quakers.) We colored the cork but we used food dye so it would be bird safe. The food dye kind of worked, it took a bit to soak into the cork for some reason.

Anyway, yeah I mentioned earlier about the huge DC Crossover. If you didn't know on the CW there was a huge crossover with the Supergirl, Flash, Arrow and Legends of Tomorrow shows. It was a 4 episode crossover that carried on throughout the week featuring mega superhero team up fight against the Dominators, a race of aliens who are not so pleased with humans... Mostly Barry Allen (The Flash). Ever wanted to see a near Justice League like crossover on TV? This is it. Actually it kind of felt like an old episode of the old Justice League animated series. Though you know what? Supergirl kinda got barely any attention at all. I know she was the newbie and all but they barely had her in any scenes. She was mostly just there to kick butt later on. I won't spoil anything of course but the main superhero gathering place in this crossover will definitely excite some Justice League fans. It was also fun seeing all these characters interact with each other and play off each other. All in all this crossover was pretty awesome and they also opened up possibilities for Supergirl to turn up in future episodes of The Flash/Arrow/Legends. My Superhero team up craze has been satisfied... For now. If you want to watch these episodes, either again or because you missed them, check out the CW app on iOS and Android. Internet/Data Rates do apply though it's streaming, HD for the most part. There's no way of changing the quality either it kinda just does that on it's own.

So onto movies I've been watching... Well last night I finally watched The Angry Birds movie. You all know about Angry Birds right? I assume everyone does at this point, haha I've been known to play it once in awhile. Well they made a movie apparently. Can I first point out that this is in no way a children's animation. It's not super adultish but it's got a lot of adult jokes in it and I really don't think kids should watch it. In a while it's probably Shrek level of adult. It's rated PG, I would probably rate it PG-13 but enough about that. This movie was hilarious, I NEVER expected to love this movie. It was so goofy with such goofy characters. All the birds from the game make some sort of appearance with Red being the main character. I actually managed to point out all the birds who made an appearance in the games in this movie, I barely play the game so that surprised me. Oh yeah this animation for some reason felt like a precursor to the games. Anyway yeah I actually enjoyed it quite a bit. Definitely a must watch again in my opinion.

We've been breaking out the Christmas movies! Yup it's that time of year. Of course we started things off with Jingle All The Way. I swear this is one of my favorite Christmas movies. It stars Arnold Schwarzenegger as Harold Langston a workaholic dad who seems to never find time for his wife and kid. Basically his son asks him for a Turbo-Man action figure and Harold has to go last minute Christmas shopping to find this figure, while competing against Myron (Played by Sinbad) a postal worker after the same figure for HIS son. It's an hilarious comedy and on my must watch for every Christmas season. Funny enough this movie came out in 1996 (My birth year) so I've practically been watching this movie every year since I was born... Well I can't remember back that far but I assume I have. This movie also holds one of my favorite quotes of all time... "Put that Cookie down, NOW!" Yeah that line makes me laugh every time.

All aboard! 


We also watched The Polar Express. This wonderful animated movie has been a stable since it's release. It tells the tale of a boy who used to but no longer believes in Santa or the Christmas spirit. He ends up on a magical ride along with many other kids on the Polar Express when it rides up past his house on Christmas Eve. It's based on a 1985 book of the same name written by Chris Van Allsburg (I've read the book actually). The movie stars Tom Hanks... As almost all the male adults in the entire movie. Tom Hanks literally plays every male adult in this movie except for two. He does an incredible job though with playing vastly different characters in one movie. This movie holds an amazing soundtrack too. A lot of the music in this movie gets stuck in my head all season long... And also makes me crave Hot Chocolate. Then again I always crave a Hot Cocoa so nevermind. My family and I adore this movie and it's going to remain a staple for Christmases to come.

So that's about it for today! There was some other things I wanted to talk about but I figured they would make a good blog for Wednesday mixed in with what cool stuff happens within the next few days. Hope you're enjoying the Christmas season so far! Been listening to Christmas music like always. If you didn't read Friday's blog I talked about this new Christmas song I came across called Message of Christmas. It was sung and produced by the students and staff of Redbridge High School for Special Needs Students in Liverpool, England. It's $0.99 on iTunes and all funds go to helping the school expand with new equipment so please consider buying this awesome song to help out. It's a great song regardless and it's currently Top 40 on iTunes!

Anyway thank you for reading! Thank you also for checking out this blog, you can check out my social medias if you want on the side of this blog. I'm mostly on Instagram and Facebook. I've been getting quite a few readers recently and I'm really enjoying writing this blog. Also my sister has a brand new blog up, it's a step by step of this wonderful art piece she made. Please go check it out at http://ladyannavintage.blogspot.com/2016/12/the-forest-girl-step-by-step.html
So yeah..

See you on the next blog!

1 comment: