Monday, December 12, 2016

Decorating Our House For Christmas

Hey.

Yeah you.

Welcome to the blog for today!

How are you doing? Enjoying your Christmas Holiday? This weekend has been pretty busy here at the house, we dug out all our Christmas decoration boxes and got busy decking the halls with... Well Christmas decorations. Chris wouldn't let us go another day without getting them all out, he's crazy about Christmas.


We got everything out to make sure there's nothing broken. Luckily there was nothing broken! We well wrap and pack our Christmas decorations so there was nothing to worry about really. These decorations have been around for as long as I can remember.


What makes these decoration even more memorable is the fact Mum actually made all of the ceramic decorations we have. This awesome Santa is from 1995 (A year before I was born) it's not our only Santa ceramic either.


This is probably my favorite Santa decoration we have. You don't see Santa ride horses (He prefers Reindeer, they don't need Wings to fly.) much but this is a memorable piece that'll be apart of our Christmas forever more. Also this is one of our many bookshelves.


We got our Christmas train all ready to head into town on Christmas day. Uhh apparently Buddha wanted to watch as well, haha.


Truth be told it actually only took us one day to get everything all set up. Yup we've been busy little elves. (I'm not very little so scratch that.) I got all the garland (You know the Green stuff, not the mean guy in the armor from Final Fantasy.) set up around the doors and we set up our Garland + Beads + Lights combo around the fireplace.


Of course there's tons of Christmas goodies on the bottom of the fireplace as well.


As usual the Nutcrackers are back to greet Santa when he comes down the Chimney on Christmas Eve.

I've been multitasking though while decorating. I mean I'm a knitter so of course I had to do a little bit here and there in between decorating.


Been working on my shawl a bit more over the weekend. Actually yesterday I managed to get quite a few rows done despite it getting very long. 


This awesome treasure chest of Christmas decorations was put together by Annie my sister. She used her crazy artistic skills to completely deck this treasure chest out with decorations.

Of course the best part of the Christmas fireplace is how it looks at night time.


Pretty, huh? Yup I can say we did a good job. Getting it all done in one day means we can enjoy it a bit longer... but wait I actually forgot the last but most important piece of our Christmas decorations!


Our Birth of Jesus Nativity Set! You can't have Christmas decorations without this. We may or may not of lost a few sheep over the years but this has stood the test of time, to be honest we care so much for these decorations so all of our stuff has lasted all this time. There's a few more decorations we have set up here and there so I may share them in future blogs or on Instagram but this is a nice way to end off my little Christmas decoration tour. Also yes that is me in that photograph on the left, I had super long hair back in the day... It's all gone and I can't grow it back anymore, haha.

Still on the subject of Christmas I went on a massive Christmas food shop yesterday with Dad... OH BOY I always forget how busy this time of the year gets with shopping. It wasn't as bad as it's probably going to get later on though, luckily we're doing all the big shopping now. Can I not do this again until after Christmas? That was hectic, haha. I think Dad and I are both worn out from that.

If you remember on Friday I talked about a brand new Washcloth project I've been working on! It's a Waffle Owl Washcloth (The owls being made from cable stitching). I actually had a big oopsie on a row.


See it? Yeah oops my Waffle kind of got messed up there. No worries though over the weekend (Mum helping me, haha) we took the washcloth back a row (I thought I would have to go back farther but apparently not.) and I redid it. My waffle top is now done so I'm ready to start the start up rows for the owls.


It looks MUCH nicer now! Very much like a waffle, just not an edible one sadly. I've been studying up on how cable is done so I'm not as nervous as I once was. Basically it's just twisting a certain amount of stitches over other stitches to create twists and cool manipulations in your work. Doing this I SHOULD (Wish me luck on that part) create some cool owls by manipulating my stitches using cable.

So yeah knitting update isn't super jam packed or interesting, I've not been slacking of course but other then my secret pattern there hasn't been anything super new to talk about other then this washcloth. As you saw earlier my shawl is growing nicely, it's not as slow as I thought it would be after getting this far. I can saw I have 133 stitches total on it so far, that's counting both sides and the middle stitch.

One last thing we did to end our (Slightly Disneyfied) weekend off as we watched Mary Poppins on Saturday, okay I gotta admit I'm a huge Mary Poppins fan, I can sing all the songs from this movie they're all drilled into my head. (I'm a terrible singer though so please don't ask me to sing, haha) Mary Poppins is the best. Also my favorite word in the world comes from this movie, Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious.

We also watched Frozen yesterday (Sunday). This was the first ever time I've ever seen this movie. Yeah the movie came out three years ago and I've only just gotten around to watching it. I wasn't sure if I was going to like it or not, didn't think it was my kind of movie. Funny enough I actually loved this movie, whelp there's a guilty confession I'll now bury that under a whole bunch of blog posts now, no one will ever know I love Frozen.

Jokes aside yeah I now understand the love and craze for this movie. It's a great Winter/Christmas flick for one and if you got kids/younger siblings they will absolutely love this movie. There are quite a few musical numbers though, which is probably even better for kids. The characters were some of the best Disney characters too in my opinion. (Okay they still don't beat the characters from Emperor's New Groove but they're close, haha.)

Anyway boy I need to end this blog off now. It's not really long if you take the photos out but a lot happened over the weekend. Hope you enjoy the rest of your day and the rest of your week! We're just under two weeks away from Christmas now! Next week is Christmas week, it seems to be coming faster this year dunno why. I got a few things I'm doing this week and Wednesday's blog may not be super big so just giving you a heads up I'm not going to be super active Tuesday/Wednesday.

Don't forget to check me out on my social media and until next time...

See you on the next blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment