Monday, October 17, 2016

My First Knitting Video; Plus Yummy Food and a Pokémon reminder!

Hey everyone! Today's Monday so I'm starting off the week with a brand new video! This video completely breaks the mold of what I normally make. I've made my first knitting video where I demonstrate me doing a section of my second Autumn Dishcloth I'm currently making go to along with my first completed project. I also do a row on and show off my Simple Dishcloth project which I'm using Peaches & Creme Yuletide cotton (Shown off in an earlier blog) to make it with.


I was actually really nervous when I made this video, I have no idea why, I guess it's because I've never done something like this before. Hopefully the video wasn't too long but I plan on making more of these kinds of videos so improvements are going to happen definitely. In a way these videos will probably end up like audio blogs with me knitting as the background. I actually recorded this on saturday and edited it saturday night through to sunday night so it's taken quite a bit to get ready. This is actually the longest video I've ever done before. Anyway hope you enjoyed the video! Don't forget to subscribe for more videos like this and all the other cool videos I'm going to be making in the future.

Also if you haven't read them yet here are my previous knitting blog posts talking about my projects:

ZAK Week Wrap Up: Knitting, DC Superheroes, Mysterious Antique Car, Zelda and Food!





Now onto what you actually came here for, some yummy food! Yes I'm talking about food again; I'll try to not make you too hungry. Over the past couple days I've had some pretty awesome dishes, one of them is my mum's homemade Quiche, which is a french pie dish.



It's made using eggs, bacon, mushrooms, onions, cheddar cheese, and milk mixed into a pie shell and baked in the oven, well that's what we put into our Quiche at least.


Alongside the Quiche we had spicy seasoned sweet potato chips, they were REALLY good. Funny story though when making these we normally put paprika onto the chips along with all the other seasonings BUT we goofed and accidentally put chili powder on them. I mean the containers for paprika and chili powder look exactly the same so whoops. Luckily though I found out that chili powder is actually a normal thing people put on their chips so it turned out to be really good in the end. The other seasonings we put on the chips were onion powder, some olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper.



Here's the full dish, we also added a mini stir fry on the side which included green beans, carrots, mushrooms, and onions. I really wish I added corn (I was in charge of the veggies and stir fry while my mum and sister handled the rest) I think that would've made it perfect but it was great regardless.

We actually have this meal often because it's one of our favorites but we like to switch it up with different side dishes to keep it interesting.

After supper we had some Rocky Road Ice Cream to finish off the day.


So coming off of food, Pokémon currently has two events running. If you go to GameStop you can pick up Volcanion until October 28th and if you go on Mystery Gift online you can receive Keldeo until October 24th, so don't forget to pick them up! Also the Pokémon Sun and Moon demo is coming out tomorrow. I'm pretty excited for it and I will probably talk about that in Friday's blog.

Anyway I'm going to end this blog off for the day, hope you enjoyed the video! I'm sorry for getting this blog up a bit later then normal but I had to completely re-render the video and the upload took over three hours and the processing even longer.

There's a new episode of Supergirl tonight by the way so check it out at 7 PM central 8 PM eastern time on the CW.

Tomorrow's blog will probably be my long awaited Lasagna blog so stay tuned and..

See you on the next blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment